BACKGROUND & HISTORY
Over the years, the centre has developed a range of training programmes that has provided women with the skills and supports and enabled them to secure employment or continued education. The Project continues to expand, modify and diversify its activities, in line with the needs of women in the local Community.
Today, Women’s Community Projects provides a range of integrated support services to families and in particular to women and children. It is now Mullingar’s largest training and development centre and is also home to one of the biggest childcare facilities in the country.
WHAT WOMEN’S COMMUNITY PROJECTS PROVIDE
- Education and Training opportunities from basic level to accredited – QQI Level 3 to 5. These include an Adult Education programme, and a Back to Education Initiative, offering a full QQI major award in Healthcare.
- A comprehensive Childcare facility catering for children from 2 yrs – 12 years.
- Counselling Service – providing a free confidential service to the local community in particular to victims of domestic violence.
- A Community Employment Scheme providing crucial support workers in all activities of the Project
AIMS OF WOMEN’S COMMUNITY PROJECTS MULLINGAR
- To provide learning, and training experiences, which address identified needs.
- To provide childcare facilities for attendees of the projects educational activities, for parents attending other Community Education Programmes and for families in the community who have been identified as in need of this support.
- To promote equality and progression of all women.
- To deliver all our services with a professional and client centred approach.
- To work closely with state agencies and make effective use of allocated resources.