QQI Level 5 Major Award in Business Studies
Office and Business Skills Programme
Provisional Start Date: 26th September 2016
The Office and Business Skills programme is a long established programme in Mullingar, aiming to assist people with up-skilling in the area of Business Studies, and to help students progress to Employment and Further Education after the course.
95% of students from the last two courses have progressed to Further Education or Employment.
Aims of the Programme
- The programme aims to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and competence to provide accounting, administrative and marketing support in a variety of office settings.
- Participation time on the programme is 42 weeks.
- This includes a three week block of Work experience with a local employer in a Business setting.
- During the last three months of the course you will be assisted with Career Guidance and pathways to Further Education.
- The programme is open to anyone who is unemployed and over the age of 16.
- If you are in receipt of a Social Welfare payment, you may be eligible to transfer to a training allowance whilst on this course.
Eligibility & Criteria
To be eligible for this training and employment programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to commit to a nine month full-time QQI Level 5 Business Studies Programme.
- Leaving Certificate or Leaving Certificate Applied or LCVP or FETAC/QQI Level 4 Award. Equal consideration will be given to students who do not meet these entry requirements, where literacy and numeracy tests can be taken.
- 80% of students must be aged between 18 – 35 years.
120 Credits is required for this certificate. Each Component is equal to 15 credits. On completion of this course you will receive a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Business Studies, 5M2102. Modules included in this Major award are:
- Book-keeping Manual and Computerised
- Marketing Practice
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Business Administration
- Work Experience
- Occupational First Aid
For further information ...
044 934 4551