“Community Employment is a unique programme, Supported by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, which is funded by the Irish Government that integrates on the job training and educational training for the individual jobseeker which supports progression to employment in their chosen career”
The main objectives of the programme are:
- Provide quality work experience
- To provide opportunities to learn new skills and abilities
- Promote education as a tool for ‘Empowerment’
- Support a clear progression path
Women’s Community Projects CLG (WCP) is the main sponsor of the successful programme, which offers opportunities in the following areas of career path:
1. Community Employment Childcare Training and Employment Programme
The main ethos of the Community Employment Childcare Training and Employment Programme is to achieve the minimum qualification of QQI Level 5 Early Childhood Care and Education Major Award and gain valuable work experience as an Early Years Practitioner working with children within the Early Years Sector over a period of 3 years.
2. Community Employment Training and Employment Programme working towards a career in Business Administration, Community Care or General Learning
The main ethos of the Community Employment Training and Employment Programme is to enhance employability to unemployed persons by providing work experience and training opportunities for them within their chosen career over a period of 3 years
Successful candidates will receive a top up payment in addition to their Social Welfare payment, receive a written statement of their terms and conditions of employment and all training is funded through the CE programme.
Eligibility for our Community Employment Training and Employment programme is determined by the following:
- Over 21 years of age and in receipt of a Social Welfare Payment for 12 months or more.
- Over 18 years of age in receipt of a Disability payment for 6 months or more.
- Travellers or Refugees 18 years or over in receipt of a Social Welfare payment for any length of time.
- Persons aged 62 years or over in receipt of a payment for any length of time may be eligible to take up a placement under the Service Support Stream -SSS.
Garda Vetting and Police Clearance is a requirement for vacancies that provide support to Vulnerable Adults and Children.
Childcare Supports: all new
From October 2019, you can apply for support under the National Childcare Scheme. Applications should be made online at ncs.gov.ie. To apply online you will need:
- A verified MyGovID account
- Your children’s information such as date of birth and PPS number
- Your employment and income related details
- Your partner’s PPS number
- Your partner’s employment and income related details
More information on getting and using a verified MyGovID is available on the MyGovID website.
A paper-based application became available on 13 March 2020. You can apply by post by contacting the National Childcare Scheme Parent Support Centre. Call +353 1 906 8530 (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday) or email NCS@dcya.gov.ie., . These applications will take longer to process and may affect the start date from which your subsidy can be paid.
HOW TO CHECK ELIGIBILITY:
Please register with your local INTREO Office – Case Officer to check your eligibility for CE, quoting reference number of CE vacancy. All Womens Community Projects CE Vacancies are advertised on Jobs Ireland.ie
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please contact WCP CE Supervisor on 044-9344509 / 9344894 or email your interest to email@example.com
COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS MULLINGAR (AND SURROUNDING LOCATIONS), ATHLONE AND OFFALY:
Community Employment Programme vacancies in Mullingar, Athlone and Offaly in the following locations:
• Mullingar Homecare Services
• Parish Community Centre, Mullingar
• Teach Failte, Womens and Children’s Hostel, Mullingar
• Womens Community Projects Childcare & Administration.
• Realta Beaga Childcare, Grange Meadows, Mullingar
• Laugh & Giggles Childcare, Dalton Park, Mullingar
• Cairdeas Childcare, Kinnegad
• Killucan Childcare, Killucan
• Stepping Stones Childcare, Rathowen
• Jordan Playschool, Castlejordan, Co Meath
• Daingean Childcare, Co Offaly
• Kilcormac Childcare, Co Offaly
• Bright Beginnings Childcare, Ferbane, Co Offaly
• Clonbrusk Childcare, Athlone
• St Kieran’s Childcare, Athlone
• Ballymore Childcare, Westmeath
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on CE. I have gained fulltime employment in a job that I love and I have made many lifelong friends too! I have gained loads of new skills that will benefit me in all my future endeavours. I would like to thank Mary and Louise for all their help and guidance, they have been brilliant!”
Claire Foster, Clonbrusk Childcare Placement, 16/09/2020
“CE Employment has given me the experience I needed to get back into the workforce after an 18 year career break bringing up children. It worked for me this avenue I chose and wanted to do. Along with doing courses, I gained hugely in my confidence and work areas. I absolutely loved coming to work and I enjoyed every eventful day with amazing work friends I made along the way. I’ll be sad to leave but it’s a new beginning progressing to employment for me and my family.”
Sarah Olivieri, WCP Adult Education Placement, 08/10/2019
“It was a great opportunity for me to be accepted onto the community employment programme. In my time there I have achieved a full major award in Childcare. The programme involves education in conjunction with practical work which can lead onto job opportunities which I have done. I would highly recommend this programme for the un-employed”
Shannon Lynch, WCP Childcare Placement, 16/05/2019
“I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to gain qualifications in something I really love doing and take pride in – day in and day out. The 3 years on the scheme has helped me progress to employment again. Working as part of the team in Rhode Community Preschool is a brilliant feeling and proud to be part of the team. I have enjoyed the last three years, sometimes challenging when juggling college, work and family but definitely worth every minute. Thank you for the opportunity!
Jacinta Daly, Rhode Community Pre-school Placement, 12/03/2019
CE PARTICIPANTS GAINING VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE:
If you are eligible for any of our positions and wish to apply, or are interested in becoming part of the team at the Women’s Community Projects CLG, please forward your CV to:
Community Employment Supervisor
Women’s Community Projects (Mullingar) Association CLG
Parish Community Centre
Tel: 044 93 44509
“Supported by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, which is funded by the Irish Government”